Are you stressing about what to add in your web design portfolio? We understand that it can be a tough decision, especially when you are just a beginner in the tech world. So, let’s start at the basics and understand what an online portfolio actually is.
An online portfolio is a website that you create to showcase your best projects, work experience, relevant skills, and even a little bit of your personality to your potential employers/clients.
There are many advantages to creating your own portfolio site that include:
- Greater visibility, credibility and authority within your industry
- If someone searches your name on Google for your tech portfolio, your website will be displayed at the top of the search results.
- Clients and hiring managers can find you instead of you searching for them.
- This gives you the opportunity to showcase your imagination and individuality.
- It demonstrates that you\’re a professional. This means that clients and employers have more reason to be confident in your work and you.
So if you are wondering “Do I need an online portfolio?” or “Is a portfolio really helpful for my business?”, the answer is a “YES!”. You must create an online portfolio for yourself as this will be helpful in attracting prospective clients.
Also Read: 5 High Income Skills to Learn in 2022
What to include in your Web Design portfolio?
- Who you are: Start with giving a nice introduction about yourself. The introduction can include your name, where you come from, your educational qualification and how you became interested in web designing. You may also include the years of experience you have in the industry. Keep the introduction short, relevant and interesting. You can simply put a “About Me” section on your portfolio website that gives a clear and concise introduction about you.
- What you do: You must include what you do in your web design portfolio. This may cover how you perform the tasks, what tools do you use, how long does it normally take to complete a project, different service packages(if any), and how you accept payment.
- Your location: Location is an important information to mention in your portfolio. Let your prospects know where you are based in and whether or not you are available for remote work.
- Your best work: The core purpose of your web design portfolio is to showcare your best work. Do not miss this opportunity to attract a potential customer. Before hiring someone for their project, your prospect would like to see your past work and see if you are the right fit for them.
- Relevant skills: Mention skills that are relevant to your field of work. This will show how capable you are for performing the given job. The more skills you have, the better – provided those skills can be applied to your job.
- A downloadable CV: Upload a CV which can be downloaded easily, mentioning all your relevant educational qualification, work experience and skills. Doing so will make it easier for your potential employers to download your resume and consider your work experience.
Also Read: 11 Resume Writing Tips To Help You Land your Dream Job
- Recommendations or testimonials: Recommendation and testimonials are so much more powerful than you can ever imagine. When choosing a service provider, a person will trust you more if you have recommendations and testimonials for past customers. Reviews where your past customers are sharing their experience working with you and how your services helped them are great for your business. These reviews and testimonials act as a free marketing asset for your brand.
- Show off your clients: Don’t shy away in showing off your past clients. If you have a good clientage record, mention it on your profile with links to your work with those clients. This is important to build trust with your prospect. When they are able to see your past work and happy clients, they may consider taking you onboard for their web designing projects. So, set aside the shyness and show off like a boss!
Also Read: 8 Do’s and Don’ts of Personal Branding
- How to contact you: Now that you have mentioned all necessary details in your portfolio, you must provide some way using which a potential customer can get in touch with you. You can provide your mobile number, or email address so that it is easier to contact you.
We came across the essential elements of a stellar Web design portfolio, which will help you in choosing the right web designing company. Make sure to look for relevant information in the portfolio likealways keep updating your portfolio with new and relevant information, for emaxple, you learned a new useful skill that will improve your work, then you can mention it in your portfolio.